10 Margaret Atwood Quotes About Life to Get You Fired Up
Margaret Atwood. Booker Prize winner. Feminist icon. Badass lady. Here are some of her coolest quotes to get you fired up.
You, pumping yourself up to these quotes | Via Giphy
1. Little girls are cute and small only to adults. To one another they are not cute. They are life-sized.
2. Men are afraid that women will laugh at them. Women are afraid that men will kill them.
3. Don't let the bastards grind you down.
4. We still think of a powerful man as a born leader and a powerful woman as an anomaly.
5. Men often ask me, "why are your female characters so paranoid?" It’s not paranoia. It’s recognition of their situation.
6. The genesis of a poem for me is usually a cluster of words. The only good metaphor I can think of is a scientific one: dipping a thread into a supersaturated solution to induce crystal formation.
7. Any novel is hopeful in that it presupposes a reader. It is, actually, a hopeful act just to write anything, really, because you’re assuming that someone will be around to [read] it.
8. A word after a word after a word is power.
9. War is what happens when language fails.
10. I read for pleasure and that is the moment I learn the most.
Look at that face. She knows what's up | Via Giphy
Featured Image Via Variety