BOOK GIVEAWAY SWEEPSTAKES TERMS & CONDITIONS
The following are the Official Terms & Conditions for the Book Giveaway Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes"). By entering this Sweepstakes, you agree to be bound by these Terms & Conditions.
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY to enter this Sweepstakes.
1. The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is Bookstr, PO Box 2019, 350 Canal Street, New York, NY 10005, United States of America.
2. To enter this competition with a valid entry you must;
- Be: (a) US resident; and (b) 13 years old or over at the time of entry;
- Be a member of bookstr.com
3. Employees of the Sponsor, its affiliates, consultants, and members of their immediate families are not eligible to win this Sweepstakes.
4. Only one entry per person is valid. Sponsor may disqualify and remove an inappropriate entry at any time without notice to you.
5. No responsibility can be accepted for entries that are lost or which are not received for any reason. Sponsor shall not be responsible for lost or interrupted mail or email, lost, interrupted, or unavailable network, server or other connections, miscommunication, failed phone or computer hardware or software or telephone transmissions or technical failures, garbled or jumbled transmissions or other errors of any kind, whether human, mechanical or electronic, including, without limitation, the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information online. Entry materials and/or data that have been tampered with or altered are void.
6. The Sweepstakes begins on the day it is posted to the Bookstr blog, and lasts for two weeks from the date of posting.
7. Winners will be notified via email within 30 days of the end of the Sweepstakes.
8. Ten winners will each receive one book, inclusive of any delivery costs. The prize will be issued as a physical book sent to the address indicated at point of entry. The prize is not redeemable for cash. Winners will be selected by random drawing by the Sponsor within 7 days of the end of the Sweepstakes.
9. The Sponsor and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this competition or accepting or using any prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
10. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash. The Sponsor accepts no responsibility for any variation in prize value following the commencement date of the Sweepstakes.
11. Incorrectly completed entries will be disqualified.
13. In the event of any prize not being accepted or claimed within 5 days of the winner being notified by email, the relevant winner’s entry will be deemed invalid and the Sponsor reserves the right to award the unclaimed prize to another entrant selected in a similar random manner.
14. The Sponsor will endeavor to send the winner his or her prize within 45 days of the end date of this Sweepstakes, but cannot guarantee this delivery time.
15. No prize substitutions shall be allowed. Winners are responsible for federal, state and local taxes, if any, on any prizes awarded. For a complete list of Sweepstakes winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to PO Box 2019, 350 Canal Street, New York, NY 10005.
16. Odds of winning. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received and the subjective decision by the judges.
17. Indemnification. By entering this Sweepstakes, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor and its affiliates, and their employees, representatives, agents and licensees from any and all liability, loss, damage, cost or expense, including reasonable counsel fees and expenses, paid or incurred by Sponsor by reason of your breach or alleged breach of any of the obligations, covenants, representations or terms contained in these Official Rules.
18. Choice of Law. By entering this Sweepstakes, in the event of any dispute arising between you and the Sponsor hereunder, you agree that the law of the State of New York applicable to agreements made and performed in New York shall apply, and you agree to submit such dispute to the applicable federal or state courts located in New York, NY and you agree to submit to the sole and exclusive jurisdiction of such courts for the resolution of all such disputes.