CONNECTING AUTHORS & READERS
Bookstr is an ideal platform for authors to engage with avid readers, sharing your favorite books and experiences as a fellow reader, while also finding new readers for your own books. We offer three specific opportunities that can help you build an audience for your book(s).
JOIN THE COMMUNITY
Join Bookstr, spruce up your member profile with a picture and bio, add some books (not yours) to your BOOKS I'VE LOVED shelf and RECOMMEND a couple of them to the community.
Write reviews for a couple of your favorites (again, not yours).
Check your book's individual page to see who else has it on their bookshelf and see what else they're reading. If they have similar tastes, follow them.
Add your own book(s) to your BOOKS I'VE READ shelf and create a custom list: BOOKS I WROTE.
If you notice anything missing or incorrect information on your book or author profile pages, let us know.
OFFER FREE REVIEW COPIES
Bookstr's free review copy program can help generate awareness of and interest in your book(s) among our most active members, and is accessible to all publishers and authors, at no cost.
The program is a great way to boost the visibility of your upcoming release or backlist titles. All books in the program have seen an increase in shelving activity (requests are added to members' WANT TO READ shelves) as well as an organic increase in recommendations, ratings, and reviews if our members enjoyed the book. You also receive additional exposure through our dedicated bi-weekly email promotions noting the newest books in the program.
The program is geo-targeted and is available to our members in the US, Australia, UK, and Canada. We recommend that titles remain available for request for at least 4 weeks, and that you offer 5-50 copies (though we will accept a minimum of 5). At the end of the promotion, you will receive an automated email notification that includes the total number of requests and the mailing addresses of the winners. (Email addresses will be provided for ebook promotions.)
To submit a book to the review copy program, simply fill out the application form. Be sure to include the ISBN13 that is associated with the format you would like to give away: print, ebook, or audiobook.
If you have any questions about the program, let us know.
We offer advertisers a platform to reach your audience through display advertising, dedicated emails, weekly newsletter and social media. Great for both small independent and authors and small presses who may not have access to a marketing department or advertising agency. For more information, check our Advertise With Us page.
- Publishing 101: Insights and advice on how to approach editors and agents with your work, while avoiding the common pitfalls of first-time authorship, from former Writers Digest publisher, Jane Friedman.
- Successful eBook Publishing: The ebook manual for how to publish and profit through self-publishing written by David Wogahn.
- The Hot Sheet: An essential publishing industry e-newsletter for authors, reported and written by Jane Friedman and Porter Anderson.
- The Book Designer: Practical advice to help build better books from Joel Friedlander.
- The Independent Publishing Magazine: Provides essential information, resources and reviews of publishing service providers.
- Writer Beware: Tracks, exposes, and raises awareness of the prevalence of fraud and other questionable activities in and around the publishing industry.