Happy Birthday, Harry Potter!
It's July 31st- the last day of the month. More importantly, it's Harry Potter's 35th birthday! The world was officially introduced to the young wizard just before his 11th birthday. At 10-years-old, the boy was living under the Dursley's staircase, scratching the lightening-shaped scar on his head, completely unaware of it's significance. And then, he turned 11 and Hagrid burst into the Dursley's rented house on an island, proclaiming:
Image courtesy of Giphy.
Thus Harry was saved from his sad, muggle life and readers everywhere enjoyed seven books filled with his adventures. If you want to take a trip down memory lane, take a look at Hypable's ranking of worst-to-best Harry Potter birthdays.
Will you be celebrating Harry's birthday? Here are some ideas, if you need any:
- Bake a Potter themed cake, like the chocolate cake Hagrid bakes Harry in Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Note: in the movie, the cake is pink and green and says "Happee Birthdae Harry")
- Rewatch as many of the Potter films as you can; even better, re-read your favorite scenes from the book!
- If you're one of the lucky fans who snagged a copy of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child- Parts I & II (out today!!!), get reading! Just don't give anything away please...
- Go to your local library or bookstore- there's sure to be some Harry Potter themed event happening
- Test your knowledge and take a bunch of Harry Potter quizzes: Harry Potter Trivia: Book, Movie, or Both?, Do You Remember the First Chapter of 'Harry Potter'?, How Well Do You Remember the First Chapter of 'The Prisoner of Azkaban'?, and Which Hogwarts Professor Are You?,.
With that, we'll say that the late Dumbledore was completely correct when he said, "It matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be." Harry Potter became someone readers have come to love and admire, along with his friends and loved ones.
Happy birthday, Harry!
Image courtesy of http://bit.ly/2aH4fMP.
Featured image courtesy of http://bit.ly/2akPSkS.