15 Books Spotted In Season 5 of 'OITNB'
The fifth season of Orange is the New Black hit Netflix on June 9th, proving to be just as shocking as the previous four seasons. Many fans were waiting to see what was going to happen in Litchfield in the wake of Poussey’s tragic death at the end of last season. In the most touching homage, the characters created an art installation out of books in Poussey’s honor.
Poussey spent a significant amount of time in the library at Litchfield, and creating this tribute was especially appropriate for her. A number of great books were included in the art installation/memorial library, but here are 15 that we love and we know Poussey would too:
1. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
2. The Silence of the Lambs by Thomas Harris
3. The Handsome Road by Gwen Bristow
4. The Name is Archer by Ross MacDonald
5. Breaking Down the Wall of Silence by Alice Miller
6. The Flawless Skin of Ugly People by Doug Crandell
7. In Patagonia by Bruce Chatwin
8. Emma by Jane Austen
9. Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
10. The Black Stallion by Walter Farley
11. And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie
12. The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo
13. Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling
14. Dear Life by Alice Munro
15. A Midsummer Night’s Dream by William Shakespeare
It's obvious that the Orange is the New Black creators realize the importance of literature and the positive effect of being surrounded by books. The creation of a book monument was the perfect tribute to the beloved Poussey.
Courtesy of Giphy
Featured image courtesy of Pinterest