12 Quotes for the Mystical Old Soul
You're in a world of your own.
If you decided to read this, you sort of already know who you are. Do you ever have that feeling where you don’t fit in or you feel far from the crowd? I’ve heard the term old soul for much of my life and I claim it as part of my identity. There’s this notion that you can step into someone else’s shoes. Empathy and kindness are some of your greatest qualities and perhaps you come off as quiet because your own thoughts are always blooming. Old souls love their solitude. To them, being bored isn’t an issue because there’s always something to create and dream up.
You most likely keep a small group of friends yet you always wonder about the story of everyone you meet. If you can appreciate the words of those older than you and the music and art from years ago is more true to you than anything out today, then you’re most likely an old soul. Join the club. If you’re still not convinced, here are twelve quotes for the mystic and earthy old souls.
1. “'Everything is connected' was probably a phrase first coined by an Old Soul.”- Aletheia Luna
2. “It doesn’t matter what world you live in; what really matters is the world that lives in you.”- Learning Mind
3. “Falling in love for the first time is like an instant realization of just how old your soul is.”- Jennifer Elisabeth
4. “Anyone who takes the time to attentively listen is either an old soul or a romantic one.”- Richelle E. Goodrich
5. “Your visions will become clear only when you can look into your own heart. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.”- Carl Jung
6. “Few people have the courage to be happy in their own way. Most people want to be happy like everyone else.”- Learning Mind
7. “There is a beautiful thing inside you that is thousands of years old. Too old to be captured in poems. Too old to be loved by everyone but so loved so very deeply by a chosen few.”- Nikita Gill
8. “There is a special kind of person in our world who finds himself alone and isolated, almost since birth. His solitary existence isn’t from a preference or antisocial temperament-- he is simply old. Old in heart, old in mind, and old in soul, this person who finds his outlook on life vastly different and more matured than those around him.”- Aletheia Luna
9. “You are an old soul with a young heart; naive enough to love, wise enough to learn.”- Axiom.attic
10 “Here’s to the old in soul and the gypsy at heart.”- Anonymous
11. “Old souls are usually childlike in many ways, having the playfulness and simplicity of children, while maintaining a certain world-weariness and deep insight.”- don Mateo Sol
12. “You are the sky. Everything else – it’s just the weather.”- Pema Chodron
Feature Image Via Eric Ward on Unsplash