10 Hagrid Quotes That'll Make You Want to Re-read the Entire Series
Everyone’s favorite character in Harry Potter is not Hermione, Snape, Dumbledore, or Luna Lovegood—it’s Hagrid. He’s been there since the beginning, always bringing the quirk. His single most distinguishable personality trait is his compassion. We see it with his gentleness with animals and because he is, of course, essentially Harry’s adoptive parent.
As things often go, it’s sometimes hard to remember the specifics of what our favorite people did, but we don’t forget the feeling they left in us. They made us laugh a lot, or we felt heard around them. Hagrid, I think, makes a lot of people feel warm and welcome. Here are some of the things he said that makes us feel that way.
1. “Ah, go boil yer heads, both of yeh. Harry—yer a wizard.”
2. “Well, yeh might’ve bent a few rules, Harry, bu’ yeh’re all righ’ really, aren’ you?”
3. “No good sittin’ worryin’ abou’ it. What’s comin’ will come, an’ we’ll meet it when it does.”
4. “Ah, shut up, Dursley, yeh great prune.”
5. He took off his thick black coat and threw it to Harry.“You can kip under that,” he said. “Don’ mind if it wriggles a bit, I think I still got a couple o’ dormice in one o’ the pockets.”
6. “Ah, well, people can be stupid abou’ their pets,” said Hagrid wisely. Buckbeak spat a few ferret bones onto Hagrid’s pillow.
7. “Don’ you worry, Harry. You’ll learn fast enough. Everyone starts at the beginning at Hogwarts, you’ll be just fine. Just be yerself. I know it’s hard. Yeh’ve been singled out, an’ that’s always hard. But yeh’ll have a great time at Hogwarts — I did — still do, ’smatter of fact.”
8. “I am what I am, an’ I’m not ashamed. ‘Never be ashamed,’ my ol’ dad used ter say, ‘there’s some who’ll hold it against you, but they’re not worth botherin’ with.’”
9. “Seventeen, eh!" said Hagrid as he accepted a bucket-sized glass of wine from Fred.
"Six years to the day we met, Harry, d’yeh remember it?"
"Vaguely," said Harry, grinning up at him. "Didn’t you smash down the front door, give Dudley a pig’s tail, and tell me I was a wizard?"
"I forge’ the details," Hagrid chortled.”
10. “You all righ’?” he said gruffly.
“Yeah,” said Harry.
“No, yeh’re not,” said Hagrid. “’Course yeh’re not. But yeh will be.”
Feature Image Via Warner Bros.