10 Crush-Worthy Quotes From Jenny Han's 'To All the Boys I've Loved Before'
For anyone who's ever had a crush.
Today is the day and I could not be more excited to finally sit myself down and watch this. I’m not talking about the hit new movie adaptation of Kevin Kwan’s Crazy Rich Asians, although the success of the film so far has been exactly what I imagined. I’m talking about the other upcoming adaptation of an Asian-American author’s work! Jenny Han’s To All the Boys I've Loved Before is coming to Netflix tomorrow and I’m buzzing for it.
Both works are rom-coms, but Han’s work has that young adult coming-of-age essence. Even the title itself has that dreamy appeal we all look for. The 2014 novel with two sequels has captured hearts before and it’s about to do it all over again. Here are ten quotes from Han’s book To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before for your wistful teenage heart.
1. “When someone's been gone a long time, at first you save up all the things you want to tell them. You try to keep track of everything in your head. But it's like trying to hold on to a fistful of sand: all the little bits slip out of your hands, and then you're just clutching air and grit.”
2. “You'd rather make up a fantasy version of somebody in your head than be with a real person.”
3. “Love is scary: it changes; it can go away. That's the part of the risk. I don't want to be scared anymore.”
4. “Life doesn't have to be so planned. Just roll with it and let it happen.”
5. “It's not like in the movies. It's better, because it's real.”
6. “I don’t have to be so afraid of good-bye, because good-bye doesn’t have to be forever.”
7. “Do you think there's a difference? Between belonging with and belonging to?”
8. “I wonder what it's like to have that much power over a boy. I don't think I'd want it; it's a lot of responsibility to hold a person's heart in your hands.”
9. “Plenty of people are good-looking. That doesn't make them interesting or intriguing or cool.”
10. “You've just gotta hold your head up and act like you don't give a shit.”
Featured Image Via Philstar